.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yearly Visitors

Every year  a pair of wild ducks visit our bird feeder along with many other birds , for their daily meal of cracked corn.
.They arrive in late winter and leave when it is nesting time. I don't know their permanent address,but I suspect they live by the river nearby.
Only once did mama duck parade her  young teenagers to our little pond. The proud mommy and her kids swam a few rounds on our little pond and paraded right back where they came from.
Fortunately they like their picture taken. They almost seem to pose . No wonder, they are beautiful!!

































6 comments:

Sue Frelick said...

Renate, your photos of ducks in flight are AMAZING! Are these the same visitors who ate all your frogs?

Renate Duclos said...

Yes Sue , unfortunately they are. Bob is in love with them and I love my frogs. Guess who won?
Do you know where I can find new frogs?

Sue Frelick said...

You can see if you can catch some in our pond. They are awake singing up a storm every night.

Renate Duclos said...

the ones that are singing now are the PEEPERS. They are very tiny.
I am looking for big frogs.

Sue Frelick said...

You're right. I did some research and found out that peepers are very tiny. We also have wood frogs I learned. They sound like ducks when they call, but they are not much bigger than the peepers and they leave the pond after mating. I'll keep my eyes open for frogs for you though.

Cibie said...

Breathtaking pictures!