.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sorry, you dear deer !!

We love deer.They are beautiful creatures. We love them even after they have finished off  kale and broccoli, pruned all the strawberries in very early spring, jumped over the electric fence, and eaten some of my shrubs.
So up goes the new  6 foot fence.
Trying to be as economical as possible, it is not the most beautiful looking fence. But it is a labor of love and brings us peace of mind. Or does it? They would not jump, would they?






I am digging up the sod along the new fence  for my pole bean row. I visualize scarlet runners and the new purple and pink beans adorning the fence and attracting  the hummingbirds.




Bob is making the gate.




Every year the patio bricks grow an unsightly garden. We discovered this fantastic tool to scrape the vegetation.








I transplanted this "dead" rose bush ,showing some green growth , into the new garden. Might grow!!




Bob cleaning the natural pond .




The solarium is still a lovely place to be in on these cold mornings.




The ever present cats. we love them!!



And my really nice heirloom seeds from Pumpkinmoonfarm have arrived.
Until next time..

From the diary of a happy gardener.

2 comments:

Sue Frelick said...

Looking good, guys! I would leave the patio paver growth do it's merry thing, but that's just me. I'd probably also be just as happy not to have something to trip over! :-)

Look how much you've accomplished already, and it's only April 1st. Lovely seed packages and plans for planting. It's going to look amazing. I don't blame you for wanting to keep the deer from ruining all your hard work.

Renate Duclos said...

You don't know, how big our property is, Sue. This bit of work is just a drop in the bucket. But I am glad we started.
Thanks for your comment. The patio will happily grow their thing again. Only it will look more groomed.