.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

On a hot day in March

Since this recent heatwave was a historical event I feel inspired to post some thoughts and photos.
Some people relished the HEAT on March 22nd , I was not impressed. Not only did I find it too hot to work in my garden but in general am scared of this global warming.
I did go out and recorded the progress of nature's awakening so early in my yard.







We installed the pump and filter early this year. The fish seemed eager to start their feeding.




The ducks are still coming to visit , but will soon make their nest by the river and raise their babies



 


The crocus are still in full  bloom but did not care for yesterdays strong wind



 





There are even some edible yummies growing in my garden. I love Sorrel. It  is a very hardy perennial and wonderful in salads and on sandwiches. Next to it's very hardy partner the Chives, they are a lovely early treat for my sandwich.










Just to make my sandwich even better, which is by the way made with my own whole wheat bread with wheat germ added, I sprout seeds especially in Winter.





These are broccoli Sprouts.And this is my delicious sandwich:




The bushes and trees are budding nicely, Forsythia , lilac and pussy willow.








and even the first frog dared to come out of hibernation.He looks very sleepy still and thinks he made a mistake. Since it is freezing again , he has disappeared for another while.



We will get through the next snowfall and keep enjoying nature as it presents itself. .


2 comments:

Sue Frelick said...

Beautiful captures of our early spring ... unusually warm day ... and your healthy sandwich! Did you eat it outside in the yard?

I love the bright, happy colours of the fish in your pond, and the sleepy frog too :-)

Soon the real spring will be here and planting will start. I'm sure you will be busy planting and photographing that process. I'm really looking forward to that ... remember to take some pictures of the new fence!

Sue Frelick said...

I LOVE the new colour scheme and font :-) I feel wistful...if only I could take photos like you. The blog looks beautiful with the new colour, but it's your photography that makes it amazing!