.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Tongan Adventures

Perhaps it is vain to create a blog with only pictures of me in it. But my friends and family want to go with me on a few of  my adventures.  It is impossible  to describe how wonderful and exciting it really was.So here are a few pics to give you a glimpse into a beautiful island.  

                                            


This is Amelia Pahula , my wonderful hostess and I after a dance where I was given this lovely garland 


     There is nothing more yummy than Coconut milk right out of the nut 



                 
                                       The hibiscus grow in tall bushes or trees and come in many colors.
   


                      
                   We went to so many beaches and each one was more beautiful than the other.



                                  another lovely beach



                               

                       walk through the forest


                            
      
at times we squeezed through small crevices in this very interesting cave



                        
a well deserved lunch after the strenuous rock climbing

                     
 going down was a lot harder than going up. And this goes straight up. The picture makes it look so easy. We literally hung from ropes with dear life and found footholds no larger than our hand. 

                                     
                Back at the farm cleaning Taro roots


                                 at church picnic with Ofa

                      at the market selling Taro

2 comments:

Cibie said...

Love your pictures!! you look so happy!! I wish I could have been there with you!

Renate Duclos said...

I wish you could have been there with me . We would have had a wonderful time, since you are the fun traveller.
Next time. How about I come to Peru with you? :) Now that would be an adventure!!!