.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

My little Tongan Friends



Hi friends,

I have been away from blogging for a long while.
I have actually been physically very far away.  I had the wonderful opportunity to live in the small village of  Popua in Tonga Tapu one of the Polynesian  Islands in the South Pacific with a very loving family for two months.
When it was starting to be winter here it was their spring time and we enjoyed  swimming in the ocean and hiking  and just lounging in the sun. It was a fantastic experience,. The Tongan culture is amazing the island is very beautiful and the people are most gracious and loving.
I loved the children. Everywhere we went we were greeted with "Hi" and "Good Bye". They  loved the palangi ( white people) and never failed to talk to us with big smiles on their faces. They picked flowers for us and made us garlands.
Here are just a few of my little friends:


                                    



                         


                                       



                                                                                                       



                                                        





                                 

2 comments:

Sue Frelick said...

Renate, it's great to see you posting again! You took good pictures of the beautiful, Tongian children. Thanks so much for sharing!! SF

Renate Duclos said...

Sue, it so wonderful to be able to share them with you. I don't think anyone else is looking. I love it , that you were able to look at my post. Since we both like flowers so much :), hope you enjoy the new one.