.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

I have not been doing a monthly post , so this is a mixture of lovely summer memories.

in the middle odf August the bumblebees and some bees are finally arriving feasting ob all the flowers.

 a little harvest

we had a lovely visit wit Sue

 
Blue and Sue



our son Tom came to visit 

Clematis and Rudbeckia

 
lovely close ups



Blue profile

 
my nose is always dirty


another daylily



yummy!!

this will be a lovely sunflower

can't forget the foxglove

 
 
little strawberry harvest

am I gorgeous?

 
in muddy waters



love my sweet Bailey


my two lovely Doodles


the lilies were fabulous


so were the rudbeckia



Zinnia and Echenicia

 
the garden in early summer



this used to be the pond


Rudbeckia

 
sugar peas


Rhododendron



emerging Zinnia



play time



Peony



our wood has arrived.


plenty of geraniums in my planters



Echies in evening light


the two lovely ones

 
My latest painting of little will Whiting contemplating life at the beach

 
so long for now. Hope to be more diligent creating the next blog.

2 comments:

Sue Frelick said...

Oh, Renate! The colours are so vibrant and everything looks lush and green. I have been too fatigued to look at blogs earlier this week but started to catch up last night. Only 4 days behind now. I am so happy to see that you posted. Twice! :-)

Too bad you are busy taking care of your own gardens. I could use your green thumb over here. My yard looks pathetic. Lush in places...but only with weeds! lol

You are so talented; gardening, photography, painting such an amazement to me, my dear friend. And such wonderful uses for your beautiful hands. Thank you for sharing with us.

The painting of your grandson is precious. Did you also happen to take a photo of the painting that sold?

Renate Duclos said...

Thank you, my dear Friend.
The painting is actually little Will Whiting. I saw the photo on face book.
I did take a photo of the three churches in Mahone Bay.
Thank goodness!!
If I had the time , I would gladly help you . XX00