.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Collards and Kale


I can't believe it, I'm still harvesting my most favourite, prolific crops in my humble organic garden,
 Collards    

                                                                            Kale 
                                                       http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kale


There are many ways to prepare these healthy veggies.
Our favourite way follows in pictures.







Yummy!!  Very simple to make.Wash well, cut into thin strips, put in pan with one cut up onion, 4 crushed  garlic cloves, olive oil, a little water, a little salt and pepper.
Cook for about 20 min.




Guess what: organic gardening  invites all kinds of  guests. Hard to believe how this one survived the many frosty nights we already had.
This may disgust many of you. But its just a fact of life. I rather wash my veggies a few more times than eat chemicals, any time.





Last but not least, this is our 20 year old Sam,  my constant supervisor in the garden.

5 comments:

Project Create said...

Hi Renata, I found your blog from Sue's blog. Are you only doing gardening on this blog?
Tammy

Renate Duclos said...

Not only gardening. I just needed an idea quickly.( turned out to be a lot of work)
My main project will be to share my Photography and Paintings and eventually sell my cards with your help. I just don't know how at this moment. Gardening and Photography seem to go together well.

Erin said...

That looks so yummy!

Renate Duclos said...

Thank you Erin. You found me!!

Sue Frelick said...

I'm so happy to see a picture of Sam! And to see Bob getting in on the blogging action with you :-) Hi Bob!