.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Glorious June

We are well into July. I have two choices, devote most of my time to the garden or spend it at the computer.
Since it was raining today , and I don't have to water, and the sugarpeas have just been frozen, I can finally do my blog.




The flowers have been fabulous this year.








sadly , there are hardly any bumble bees around this year.



 Only one Swallowtail visiting



I love poppies at all stages.



sadly , it's not all about taking pretty pictures. Cleaning the pond is hard and messy work




Christina and Cordell were visiting ( my granddaughter and great grand son)



beauty after the rain


Christina and family




more iris

lovely waterlilies and frogs this year

another opening poppy

Spinach end of may turned into a yummy Qiche



 Bob mows the lawns and I do the whipper snipping

 Christinas baby well on the way

  another visit of my swallow tail


The  first picking was great, the rest was skinny.


a zucchini bloom

tomatoes well on their way

 we are harvesting lovely sugar peas



 I really don't like these destructive fellows, but they are cute

Bob is being helpful after a stormy day tying up my foxglove

the apples are doing well

how pretty is that?

the bud has opened

this little guy was very shy


I lost my tail, all grown up!!

garlic scapes sauteed in olive oil and sprinkled with parmesan is delicious.

here is the first lily


above Allyssa my other lovely grand daughter  and our great grand son Michael

and below the end of the  lovely poppies.

 This is part of my garden at the end of June.

As I said , I I have lots more picture stories to tell, but this blog is long enough. It has been a lot of fun recording the life of my plants in this month garden Journal.
Until next month!!



2 comments:

Sue Frelick said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS! Renate, if I didn't love you so much, I'd be totally jealous. As it is I'm awed to be your friend.

Your gardens are so full and lush. Your is family beautiful. You must feel very blessed.

Renate Duclos said...

I am blessed, Sue. How could I not be having you as my special friend.I love you too.